This is how I took the photos of my exploded sawmill. The structure is located on the edge of my modules, so I couldn't get any close up shots of it head on. So I made a temporary scenicked shelf that I mounted on the front. I painted it with a tan craft paint and sprinkled fine dirt into the paint. On the module, I added Woodland Scenics grass and turf and a whole bunch of stripwood pieces from the explosion. A few stumps and details and I had a foreground for my mill!

I used my Canon T3i with a Sigma 17-70mm lens to take the photos, lighting by incandescent photofloods and halogen photo lights.